Morning y'all! Today I thought I would share a little something that seems to baffle people about me. You know over the years I've gotten dirty looks, weird and nice comments, and a random assortment of other things have happened to me being the mom of boys. You know I'm not the only mom of boys out there! However, people seem to think this is a huge deal and the most common question I get is how do you do it? Well how do I do it? Hm... I really don't know! I can tell you how I stay sane though. Here are my top 10 ways I stay sane as a stay at home mom of boys...
1. Noise you just have to live with it. I have met very few little boys who are quite. So, on occasion I put on headphones and listen to my ipod while the noise continues on around me.
2. My boys have a set bed time whether it's a school day or the weekend. Now they differ a bit depending on school day or weekend but I'm sorry this mommy has to have some time with out the chaos.
3. Do what you love. I have time during the day or at night where i do the things I love like blog, reading, scrap booking, crafting etc... It's important to not get lost in your kids still be you and be mom.
4. I maybe a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but that doesn't mean I don't love a good accessories and wear them all the time. It helps me feel girlie!
5. Stock up on cleaning supply's and air freshener. Little boys are stinky!
6. Just because they are boys doesn't mean they shouldn't have manners. We teach our kids to be respectful to others and to use good manners at the same time though they are young and people should realize that. I know they don't always. I've gotten the dirty looks while shopping trust me I've been there.
7. Chores! They can do their fair share! Even when they were little I had them to little things. Just you know age appropriate. We are teaching littleman right now to throw away his own diapers and pick up his toys.
8. Take a nap you probably need it. You know I don't always do this but there are those days where you just need to do this for you. Nobody likes a grouchy mommy.
9. Do something by yourself once in awhile. Even if it's just grocery shopping!
10. Enjoy it all while it lasts time is fleeting!
So, that's how I stay sane through all of the chaos that is having little boys. But ya know I wouldn't change any of it! I love my little men and soon they will be grown and gone so I try to enjoy it while it lasts not that there aren't days where I'd like to bop their heads together and ask them what happened to their common sense but then again I'm sure there are days like that for moms of girls and moms of everything. Have a wonderful day y'all!